If you want to celebrate like the locals do, be sure to take part to these traditional festivals in your summer visit to Venice.
Featuring someting for everyone, in an almost country atmosphere – whether you’re into stories, music, theatre, video, cinema, food, charity and lotteries, religious functions, regattaS, activities for children – here’s our month-by-month guide to some of the best experiences coming in the summer to live the city’s water soul, like Venetians do. Here are the upcoming events: June
- Feast of St. Giovanni in Bragora, Campo della Bragora 21-24 June
- Festa de San Piero de Casteo, in Campo San Pietro di Castello on 25 June and from June 28 to July 2
- Saint Pietro in Volta Feast, in Pellestrina Island on June 25 and from June 27 to July 2
- The Feast of the Madonna di Marina in Malamocco, Lido of Venice during the week of the Regatta of Malamocco, held on July, 9.
- Sant’Antonio Feast in Pellestrina Island from July, 6 to 9.
- St. Giacomo dell’Orio Feast in the campo of the same name, during the week of the Redeemer’s Day (on July 15) that has its peak in the evening with the midnight fireworks and on July 16th with religious events and regattas.
- The Marziana Festival in Santa Marta, Dorsoduro at the end of July
- The Feast of the Madonna dell’Apparizione during the Pellestrina Regatta Week taking place on August, 6.
- The St.Stephan’s Festival in Portosecco, Pellestrina Island in mid-August
- The Feast of the Assumption in Torcello Island on August 15
- The San Rocco Feast at the Church and Scuola Grande di San Rocco on August 16.
- The Festival of the Pecio (sauteed mussels) at Alberoni, Lido of Venice, in the week of the Historical Regatta held on Sunday, Sept.3.
- The Feast of the Must on the first Sunday in Sant’Erasmo Island